Bacteria can easily spread from one surface to another.You must keep hands, utensils, equipment and surfaces clean and sanitized to prevent cross-contamination.
Wash your hands!
- After using the restroom
- Touching your hair, face, or body.
- Sneezing, coughing, or using a tissue.
- Eating, drinking, smoking, or chewing gum.
- Handling raw meat, chicken, or seafood.
- Taking out the garbage.
- Handling money.
- Leaving and returning to the prep area.
- Touching anything that could contaminate hands.
Wash your utensils!
Make sure your utensils are cleaned, rinsed, and sanitized.
Wash your surfaces!
Make sure surfaces are wiped clean with a sanitized cloth.